WHAT DO WE COVER?
English Springer Spaniels are a dual purpose dog used predominantly to hunt and flush game although they are versatile enough to be used as ‘peg’ dogs.
The training requirements for a Springer Spaniel are:
• to hunt and find game in all types of ground ie bracken, brambles, white grass, roots, woods
• to stop and stay upon flushing game
• to be able to direct the dog left, right and back
• to stop on the whistle
• to sit and stay in one place until instructed to go out for a retrieve
• to retrieve game from any type of ground ie water, woods, bushes
• to walk to heel