COCKER SPANIELS TRAINING
WHAT DO WE COVER?
Cockers are used in a similar role as to English Springer Spaniels. Cockers were bred to hunt, flush and retrieve game and what they may sometimes lack in size they make up for with their determination and character.
The training requirements for a Cocker Spaniel are:
• to hunt and find game in all types of ground ie bracken, brambles, white grass, roots, woods
• to stop and stay upon flushing game
• to be able to direct the dog left, right and back
• to stop on the whistle
• to sit and stay in one place until instructed to go out for a retrieve
• to retrieve game from any type of ground ie water, woods, bushes
• to walk to heel